Saturday 6 March 2010

The first part of my project


My interest with wild animals extends back my childhood days when my dad use to watch nature programmes. Most of the time I would either leave the room or plead with him to change it, which never worked, so I had to sit and endure an hour or more of nature programmes.
Evidently the effect of this did make me more interested in wildlife and the rarity of some animals that might be bred in captivity so that's why I wanted to look into wild animals as the first part of my set project.
Exotic birds have always fascinated me simply because of the fusion of colours that some of them display and how elegant they look in their natural forms so I chose to do a flamingo for my first image. The collaged image has a mixture of tonal colours to create an effect  that wasn't too flat because I wanted it to look less two - dimensional.
The other animals that I've made so far are: a panda, a koala bear, a chameleon, an ostrich, a beluga whale, a cheetah, a bush baby, an elephant and a sea horse.
I'll show the rest if I get some good comments (hehe).


3 comments:

  1. Thanks :-) still working on some more animals atm

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic piece of work. Great colors, great textures. Just great stuff.

    ReplyDelete